Dr. Matthew Richardson
text: 770-626-7914 | call: 404-991-5363
- Anesthesia-based fellowship in Interventional Spine and Pain in Berkeley, California
- Physiatry and medical training at Emory University School of Medicine
- Doctor of Medicine at the Medical University of Tennessee in Memphis
- Non-surgical treatment and diagnostics for cervical, thoracic and lumbar pain
- Fluoroscopically guided spinal procedures and other conservative treatments
- Epidural and facet injections
Matthew M. Richardson, M.D. is a board-certified Interventional Spine Physiatrist specializing in fluoroscopically-guided procedures and other conservative treatments to treat pain and improve the function and quality of life of his patients. The overall goal is functional improvement without the use of chronic opiates. He uses the latest technology and techniques to deliver the highest quality of care and best clinical outcomes.
A native of Knoxville, Tennessee, Dr. Richardson graduated from the College Scholars program at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. He obtained his Doctor of Medicine from the Medical University of Tennessee in Memphis. After his residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Emory University School of Medicine, Dr. Richardson completed his anesthesia-based fellowship in Interventional Spine and Pain in Berkeley, California. He worked in private practice in Berkeley, California before moving to Atlanta in July of 2005.
Dr. Richardson is board certified by the American Board of Medical Specialties in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Sports Medicine and Pain Medicine.
Outside of medicine, Dr. Richardson enjoys spending time with his family, exercising, playing music and cooking a variety of cuisines. His musical highlights include performing at local venues as a singer-songwriter and opening for Dave Matthews Band as a drummer.
- Member of the Spinal Intervention Society
- Member of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Member of Georgia Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- Member of the American Medical Association
*American Board of Medical Specialties