PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS PRIOR TO INJECTION:
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK 4 hours prior to your injection.
- If you are taking Plavix, Pradaxa, Coumadin, Effient, Heparin, Lovenox, or any other blood thinner or if you have a bleeding disorder please let us know immediately as we will need to get permission from your prescribing physician for you to stop taking these medications. You may also need blood work done prior to having the injection.
- Continue to take blood pressure and heart medications.
- Please notify us if you have had any recent fevers or infections.
- Arrange for someone to transport you home after the injection. We will not perform the injection if you do not have a driver. We do not recommend you drive for the rest of the day following your procedure.
- Please print out, complete, and bring the appropriate patient forms with you to your injection appointment. You may be seen quicker if your forms are completed prior to your arrival.
(If you are new to Peachtree Spine Physicians)
Established Patient Forms for Atlanta – Medical Quarters Suite G99
(If you have been seen before by Peachtree Spine Physicians – Please fill out on the day of your appointment)
PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS DAY OF INJECTION:
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. If you arrive late you may be seen after others who have arrived on time.
- Inform us of any changes in your health status, insurance status and/or demographic information since your last visit. Please note your co-pay will be collected at the time of your visit unless other arrangements have been made.
- Wear comfortable elastic waist pants (sweat pants), shorts, or jeans for your procedure. If possible, please do not wear a dress or skirt as they are cumbersome.
- Plan to be in our facility for approximately 1 – 1 ½ hours depending upon your procedure. If you are having IV sedation you may be in our facility longer.
PARKING: There is a fee of up to $5.00 (the first 20 minutes are free) to park in the Medical Quarters Building parking lot.
We value our patient’s time and make every effort to run on schedule. Unlike many medical practices we do not over-book patients. Therefore, it is very important that barring an unforeseen emergency, you call us at 404-252-3034 at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled appointment if you need to cancel or reschedule. This way we will have time to put another patient that is in need of an injection in that time slot. Feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns. We recommend reviewing our Peachtree Spine press center for further information about injections and the back pain cure experience.
Medicare Permit #: 060-305